123.hp.com/oj5740 Setup Printer Installation
123.hp.com/oj5740 Printer Setup Configuration
Use the stylish and completely designed HP System OfficeJet 5740 All-in-One to turn your home office into a more innovative work space. Haste with comfort through the home and work activities, and produce fewer, lab-quality images with laser-quality documents and border.
Print wireless at home or on the go at 123.hp.com/oj5740, thus helping your busy family reach their goals inexpensively.
123.hp.com/oj5740 Printer Features
Use the HP Connected website
Use HP ‘s free HP Connected website to set up enhanced protection for HP ePrint, and define the email addresses that you are required to give your printer an email. You can also get updates to your product, more software and other free facilities.
Send a fax using monitor dialing
Using display dialling, when you send a fax, you will interpret the dial tones, phone noises or other sounds on the printer over the speakers. This helps you to respond to prompts as you dial, and
123.hp.com/oj5740 Duplex printing
Does a printer duplex what you are looking for? Then unhesitatingly opt for the HP System Officejet 5740 printer. It saves time , money and paper.
123.hp.com/oj5740 Mobile Application
123 HP Officejet 5740 Airprint
AirPrint is an exceptional feature by attaching your HP compatible printer to a wireless network that allows you to print a document or a picture from an Apple computer. If you are using a compatible HP AirPrint printer with wireless capabilities, then these instructions help you set up AirPrint.
Read about More
123 HP Officejet 5740 ePrint
HP ePrint is a cloud based service that uses 123.hp.com/oj5740 to quickly produce prints from your Android, Mobile or Tablets. Print with Live Internet access from anywhere. The document or picture you need to print directly to the printer enabled for 123 HP ePrint can be emailed to.
Read about More
123 HP Officejet 5740 Cloud Print
Google Cloud Print helps you to connect printers just one click away. Any form of app can use Cloud Print when it is connected to a web-connected computer. You can attach a printer to and start printing on your Google Cloud Print account. It’s easy to manage printers and print jobs in Cloud-ready printers.
Read about More
123.hp.com/oj5740 Latest Driver & Manual Download
123 HP Officejet 5740 Driver
Download the Updated Printer Driver:
Offer us the new version of the printer driver in seconds from 123.hp.com/oj5740.
Click the connection to download the 123 HP Officejet 5740 printer compatible with both Windows and Mac.
123 HP Officejet 5740 Manual
Download the Easy Procedural Guide:
Our basic step-by – step instructions help you install your own printer and troubleshoot it.
To download your corresponding 123 HP Officejet 5740 user manual, click the link below.
123 HP Officejet 5740 Printer Quick Tips
- Improve the efficiency of your printing by controlling the dialling speed.
- Tap to Print NFC:
- You can easily print documents and photographs from a mobile device (such as a smartphone or tablet) using Near
- Field Communication (NFC) just by tapping the computer on the printer. Display the printer front, the printer control panel back, and then tap your mobile device into this area to print out no additional setup needed.
- Right settings to paper.
- If your ink cartridges are drying up and the result doesn’t print well, then try to dip the print head on the cartridge for a few seconds into some water.
- Use the printer once a while to ensure that the printer works well.
123 HP Officejet 5740 Printer Troubleshooting
The printer cannot receive faxes but can send faxes
- If you are not using a traditional ring service, check to ensure that All Rings are matched to the Distinctive Ring feature on the printer.
- You must receive faxes manually if you have a voice mail service at the same phone number that you use for fax calls.
- This means that to accept fax calls you need to be available to respond in person.
- If you have a computer dial-up modem with the printer on the same phone line, make sure the device that comes with your modem isn’t mechanically locked to accept faxes.
- Modems that are set up to get faxes take over the phone line immediately to accept all incoming faxes, thereby stopping the printer from taking fax calls.
If you have an answering machine on a phone line close to that of the printer, you may have one of the following problems:
- The printer could not set up your answering machine properly.
- Your outgoing message may be too long or too noisy to allow the printer to hear fax tones, and the fax machine that is sent may separate.
- After your outgoing message your answering machine can not have enough quiet time to allow the printer to hear fax tones. Digital answering machines have the most common problem with this.
- This can be solved by the following actions:
If you have an answering machine on the same phone line that you are using for fax calls, try connecting the answering machine directly to the printer, choose to go online for more details here.
- Ensure the printer is configured to automatically accept faxes.
- Ensure the configuration of the Rings to Respond is fixed to more rings than the replying unit. Separate the answering machine, and then try to get a fax. If faxing is fruitful without the responding machine, the answering machine may trigger the problem.
- Relink the answering machine, and record your message outgoing. Record a message with a length of about 10 seconds. Gradually and at a low volume while your message is recorded in video. Stop at the end of the voice message for a period of 5 seconds of silence. The recording of this quiet period does not create contextual noise. Try having a fax again.
- If the printer shares the same telephone line with other types of telecommunications equipment, such as a communication machine, a computer dial-up modem, or a multi-port switch box, the fax signal level may be decreased. If you use a splutter or attach extra cables to extend your phone’s length, the signal level can be simplified too.
- During fax reaction a condensed fax signal may trigger problems. To find out whether other gadgets cause a problem, disconnect everything from the phone line except the printer and then try to obtain a fax. If you can receive faxes positively without additional equipment, problems are caused by one or more parts of the other equipment; try adding them one at a time and receiving a fax each time before you figure out the equipment causes the problem.
- If you have a distinct ring pattern for your fax number (using a distinctive ring service over your telephone company) make sure that the printer’s Distinctive Ring feature matches.
- The printer is not permitted to send faxes but may receive faxes
- The HP Setup Officejet 5740printer can dial too wildly, or too quickly. In the order of numbers you may need to replace some pauses. For example, if you’ve been asked to access an outdoor line before dialling the phone number, add a pause after the access number.
- The number you arrived at when sending the fax is not in the right format or there are problems with the receiving fax machine. Try calling a fax number from a mobile and listening for fax tones to track it. If you are unable to hear fax tones, the receiving fax machine may not be turned on or paired, or a voice mail service may be disruptive to the receiver’s phone line. Also, you may ask the receiver to track the receiving fax machine for any problems.